Day 1 – Kochi – Katsura-Hama
- Stroll through the Nichiyoichi Sunday market
- Choice of visits: City centre, Godaisan Mountain, paper museum,
anime museum (Anpanman)
- Journey to Katsura-Hama, a beach to the south of Kochi
- Visit to the park dedicated to Sakamoto Ryoma, the hero of the Meiji Restoration
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel directly on the beach front
Day 2 – Ôboke and trip to the Iya Valley
- Journey from Katsura-Hama to Ôboke via Kochi
- Visit to the main attractions in the western part of the valley (Katsurabashi bridge, “Manneken Pis”)
- Relaxation in an onsen (hot spring)
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel in the heart of the valley
Day 3 – The Iya Valley
- Hike along the eastern part of the valley to Mount Tsurugi, stopping off at the other liana bridges on the way
- Evening meal and overnight stay at the same location as the previous day
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.