Tag 1 – Ôsaka (Flughafen) – Ôboke
- You are welcomed at Ôsaka airport by your English-speaking tour guide
- Journey to Ôboke (at the centre of Shikoku) via Tokushima
through the gorge of Ôboke/Koboke
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel at the heart of the Iya Valley
Day 2 – The Iya Valley
- Visit to the main attractions in the western part of the valley (Katsurabashi bridge, “Manneken Pis”)
- Hike along the eastern part of the valley to Mount Tsurugi, stopping off at the other liana bridges on the way
- Relaxation in an onsen (hot spring)
- Evening meal and overnight stay at the same location as the previous day
Day 3 – Ôboke – Kochi
- Journey from Ôboke to Kochi
- In Kochi, a tour of the castle and castle gardens
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel, with sake tasting
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.