Day 1 – Ôsaka
- You are welcomed at Ôsaka airport by your English-speaking tour guide
- Stroll through the city’s largest shopping arcade
- Evening meal at an izakaya
- Overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel
Day 2 – Ôsaka – Ferry terminal
- Visit to the Osamu Tezuka museum, the father of manga
- Spiritual excursion to Takarazuka
- Stroll through the old part of Ôsaka and sampling of local specialities
- Evening ferry departure to Shibushi (on the island of Kyushu), evening meal on-board
Day 3 – Shibushi – Cap de Sata
- Journey from Shibushi to Cape Sata
- Walk around the cape
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel in Sata overlooking the ocean
Day 4 – Cape Sata – Ibusuki
- Journey from Sata to Ibusuki via Nejime
- Relaxation in the hot sand baths
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel in Ibusuki
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.