Day 1 – Ôsaka (KIX) – Hiwasa
- You are welcomed at Ôsaka airport by your English-speaking tour guide
- Journey via Tokushima to Hiwasa, the surfer and turtle paradise on the east coast of Shikoku
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel between rice fields and the ocean
Day 2 – Hiwasa and surrounding area
- Panoramic road between Hiwasa and Mugi town
- Tour of the attractions in Hiwasa: Temple on the Shikoku pilgrim trail, castle, turtle centre and Ebisu cave
- Evening meal and overnight stay at the same location as the previous day
Day 3 – Cape Muroto
- Journey from Hiwasa to Muroto-Misaki, the wildest cape of Shikoku
- Rest of the day is free. Recommendation: Stroll along the coast and visit the temple in the mountains overlooking the sea
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel directly on the cape
Day 4 – Kochi
- Journey from Muroto-Misaki to Kochi. Stopover in Akaoka and a visit to the Ekin art museum
- In Kochi, a tour of the castle and castle gardens
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel, with sake tasting
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.