Day 1 – Kurokawa – Beppu
- Journey from Kurokawa to Beppu via Yufuin (onsen village)
- Visit to the jigoku (extremely hot springs with vivid colours)
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel in Beppu
Day 2 – Beppu and surrounding area
- Journey to the Kunisaki peninsula
- Visit to the temples and shrines at the foot of Mount Futago
- Return to Beppu
- Evening meal and overnight stay at the same location as the previous day
Day 3 – Beppu – Ferry terminal
- Relaxation day in Beppu
- Evening ferry departure to Ôsaka, evening meal on-board
Days 4 & 5 – Ôsaka – Kishiwada – Ôsaka (KIX)
- Arriving by ferry in Ôsaka
- Journey to Kishiwada, former fortress city south of Ôsaka
- Visit to the castle, historical jewel of the city
- Evening meal at a traditional sushi restaurant in the middle of a zen garden
- Overnight stay at an hotel in center of Kishiwada
- Journey to the airport
- Return flight (not included in the tour)
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.