Day 1 – Ôboke – Takamatsu – Shodoshima
- Journey from Ôboke to Kusakabe (on Shodoshima) via Takamatsu
- Walk along the “Angel Road” (3 small islands that can only be reached at low tide)
- Visit to the “Olive Park”, the centre of olive production on Shodoshima
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel
Day 2 – Exploration of Shodoshima
- Visit to a soy sauce production plant
- Trek in the mountainous heart of the island and descent by cable car through the gorge of Kankakei
- Visit to one of the 88 temples along the pilgrim trail
- Evening meal and overnight stay at the same location as the previous day
Day 3 & 4 – Shodoshima – Himeji – Ôsaka (KIX)
- Ferry crossing to Himeji
- Visit to the castle and stroll through the city
- Journey to Ôsaka airport via Kobe
- Evening meal and overnight stay at a hotel close to the airport
- Return flight (not included in the tour)
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.