Day 1 – Fukuoka – Nagasaki
- Journey from Fukuoka to Nagasaki
- Stroll through the city: Peace Park, Buddhist and Christian sites, Chinese and European districts
- Evening meal at an izakaya with delicious fish specialities
- Overnight stay at a traditional guest house/hotel
Day 2 – Nagasaki – Sasebo – Nagasaki
- Journey from Nagasaki to Sasebo
- Cruise through the archipelago with its 99 islands (Kujuku-Shima)
- Visit to an old merchant district in downtown of Sasebo
- Return to Nagasaki and evening meal in the city
- Overnight stay at the same location as the previous day
- I offer typically tours during the spring (15.03 to 31.05) and autumn (30.09 to 30.11). I do not travel to Japan during the summer because it’s too hot and rainy. I have also decided not to offer tours during the winter – traditional Japanese houses do not have central heating and I don’t want my customers to freeze.
- The difficulty level is calculated for active travellers who are physically fit and enjoy walking/hiking.
- For more detailed information about the Japanese accommodation system as well as further peculiarities unique to the “Land of the Rising Sun”, please refer to our brochure Tips for Travellers to Japan.